- Undercurrents 01.
- Three Rooms 02.
- The Last Valley 03.
- Imagined Spaces 04.
- Suburban Memory 05.
- House 06.
- Shifting Measures 07.
- Hallway 08.
Polly Stanton’s practice utilizes photography and the temporal mediums of video and sound to investigate cinemas power to shape and reflect human experiences of place and environment. Stanton’s work employs duration, cinematic codes, and landscape to consider the intersection between the spaces of film and the spaces of geography.
In addition to her art practice she has worked professionally in the film and television industries in post production sound and screenwriting. Based in Melbourne, she holds a Masters in Fine Art from RMIT and teaches video and sound at Swinburne University. She is currently a practice-based PhD candidate at RMIT University.
- Current — Albury Art Museum, Victoria
- Resolving Ruins — Brenda May Gallery, Sydney
- Undercurrents — Mars Gallery, Melbourne
- Residency — Bogong Centre for Sound Culture, Victoria
- One Hour Glass — Five Walls Gallery, Melbourne
- Stórhrid — Conduit Arts, Melbourne
- The Spacious Present — Art, Not Apart Festival, Canberra
- Moving Pictures, Expanding Space — Careof, Italy
- Melbourne Now — National Gallery of Victoria
- Darkness On The Edge Of Town — Perth Centre For Photography
- One After Another — Kings ARI, Victoria
- Noise Event — Royal Botanic Gardens, Victoria
- And When He Falls — Castlemaine Arts Festival, Victoria
- Future Visions — Festival d'Australie, France
- Hallway — Blue Oyster Project Space, NZ
- Imagined Spaces — Bristol Biennial, UK
- Residency — Nes, Iceland